Saturday 19 September 2009

Vitra Competition


This was another external competition during my 3rd year. This time the brief was set by leading furniture company, Vitra. The brief was to design a unique sofa to fir into their bespoke collection. The use of unusual materials and processes were encouraged. I was inspired by the elegance and shape of old Riviera speed boats. I adapted the form of these stunning, luxury boats to fit a sofa. I also used the materials that could be found on these boats, such as teak, carbon fiber and of course luxury leather to create this sofa. I was very pleased with the outcome of this brief and could imagine it in a luxury apartment in the city or in a public space such as a museum or art gallery.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...